Ameron is seeking employees for the following full time positions:
1. Gradall/Grader Operator
2. Concrete Curb Machine Operator/ Concrete Finisher
3. Laborer/Pipe Layer
4. Landscape Foreman
- The successful candidate for this role will ensure safety excellence in all that we do.
- Report to the Operations Manager and Foreman
- Understanding and ability to perform the following:
- Build slopes/swales
- Place/grade topsoil
- Pipe trench excavation to grade
- Backfill in graded lifts
- Fine grade – stone, dirt, topsoil
- Load trucks/dip out trucks
- Demo/grade driveways
- Place black top
- Understanding of compaction
- Be punctual.
- Operate Gradall and other equipment (with experience) for successful completion of job.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5-6 years experience overall experience in residential and commercial construction
- Min. 2-3 years in operating Gradall
- Production oriented
- Strong work ethic to take directions and work independently with a desire to succeed.
- Ability to work 40 – 60 hours a week including weekends as needed.
- Ability to read/interpret plans a plus.
- Skilled in running all types construction equipment is a plus.
- Valid driver license. Class A CDL is a plus.
Compensation: Competitive wage, benefits, and share in ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
Supervise and direct crew members, perform all labor tasks related to landscape/hardscape installation. This hourly, non-exempt position will work with direct and indirect supervision.
* Responsible for the proper layout and construction of segmental block retaining wall systems, hardscape surfaces, plant zone installations.
* Ensure that excavations are performed to grade.
* Ensure proper procedures for installation are carried out by others.
* Frequently work more than 40 hours per week
* Arrive promptly at designated time and place, and be ready and able to perform assigned tasks.
* Read plans, profiles and details.
* Demonstrate relevant math skills.
* Plan sequence of installation and effectively communicate with clients, equipment operators and other crew members to achieve desired outcome.
* Be aware of and responsive to safety issues related to excavation and silica dust exposure.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Learn and follow Ameron policies and procedures.
* Follow direct instructions working with and without direct supervision.
* Any combination of education and experience that would provide the knowledge to perform the essential functions.
* Basic understanding of OSHA regulations.
* Must have valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record per company minimum standards for drivers. CDL a plus.
Ameron Construction is an employee owned company operating in State College since 1984. We offer competitive wages and excellent benefits, including health, dental, life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation and pension plan which is paid for 100% by the employer. Please fill out an application today!
Print Application for Employment:
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader™ software to view/print these documents. You can download a free copy of this software by clicking here.